Mother Goose Characters Are On the Loose
Posted by lindamartinandersen on November 23, 2013
“Mother Goose Characters Are On the Loose” by Linda Martin Andersen
“A Writer’s Playground”–A place to find wordplay, writing, and monthly calendar activities for kids and those young at heart.
“Mother Goose Day” is November 24.
Pretend with me…Mother Goose characters are on the loose. They may need some help. Listen carefully to each description. Can you identify who’s on the loose?
1. This little girl has lost her sheep.
2. This little boy watches sheep.
3. This little girl ran away after getting cinders on her clothes. *Hint: her name rhymes with cinders.
4. This character frightened mice under chairs when he visited the Queen.
5. This boy kissed girls and made them cry and then he ran away.
6. This boy ran around town in his nightgown.
7. This boy met a pieman and wanted to taste his wares.
8. These characters ran away from the farmer’s wife who was carrying a carving knife.
9. This character slept in his breeches with one stocking off and one stocking on.
10. A spider frightened this little girl.
Check your answers below which are arranged in reverse order to discourage peeking:
10.Little Miss Muffet 9.John from Diddle Diddle Dumpling 8.Three Bling Mice 7.Simple Simon 6.Wee Willie Winkie 5.Georgy Porgy 4.Pussy-Cat 3.Little Polly Flinders 2.Little Boy Blue 1.Little Bo Peep
Add a description of another Mother Goose character on the loose to the comment section below and be registered to win a copy of The All-Time Greatest Sing-Along Songs: 26 Songs Your Kids Will Love! The drawing will be held December 1, 2013. Please provide your email address with your entry.
Thanks for visiting “A Writer’s Playground.” Have you entered the “The Mother Goose drawing?” Come again soon. Bring a friend.
Please note: Children 14 and under are not allowed to leave comments. It’s against the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. (COPPA) See: http://www.coppa.org/coppa.htm
Copyright © 2013 Linda Martin Andersen