National Donor Day
Posted by lindamartinandersen on February 12, 2015
My Motto for Today: Good information. Pass it on!
- A friend shared this announcement on Facebook. To learn more check this website:
- This same friend recently posted this newspaper article on Facebook. Thanks, Mona!
Here are some of the share lines from the Los Angeles Times article:
- “Organ donors’ generosity added 2,270,859 years to the lives of transplant recipients, study says
- Heart transplant patients got an extra 4.9 years of life, on average, thanks to organ donors
- Study shows that kidney and pancreas transplants don’t merely extend lives, they save them.”
A fact from the article I’d like to emphasize: ” All of this good news was tempered by one statistic, however: only 48% of patients sick enough to be put on the UNOS waiting list are able to get new organs, according to the study.”
If you’d like to know more about National Donor Day, check out these sites:
Today’s a great day to research organ, eye, tissue, and blood donation. Need some general information? Check here:
Follow up with a family discussion. Kids: What are your questions? Adults: What are yours? Consider having a follow-up discussion in a few days or a week. It takes time to process serious information.
Please leave a comment. Come again soon and bring a friend.
Children 13 years old or older may leave a comment. Read more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. (COPPA) See: http://www.coppa.org/coppa.htm