January 2016 Award–Each One a Treat
Posted by lindamartinandersen on January 1, 2016
“January 2016 Award–Each One a Treat” by Linda Martin Andersen
Posters created at http://www.quozio.com
January dates selected represent the theme “Each One a Treat.” (Awards selected by me for this site only.)
- Which “treat” from the list above catches your attention?
National Soup Month reminded me of soup kitchens. Do you know what soup kitchens are? Soup lines? Learn more about these this month. How can you dish out hope?
- Which “treat” from the list makes you say, “Yes!”
- Why not fill your calendar with “treats” for yourself or others? Notice that many treats don’t require being baked in an oven.
- Think: If I were sick, lonely, sad, or afraid what treat would I appreciate? Do just that for yourself, if you need it, or for someone else who does.
- Write about a time when you shared a treat with someone. Did it help? How could you tell? How did it make you feel?
- Celebrate January by thinking and acting on something else from the treat list above. For example, what would a Blog Blitz look like? Consider visiting more blogs than usual this month. Subscribe to a new one or tell a friend about one you especially like. Have fun!
For archived posts about January activities visit here:
To learn about more special days in January 2016, visit http://www.brownielocks.com/january.html
Thank you for visiting “A Writer’s Playground.” Come again soon and bring a friend. Please leave a comment. I’d love to hear what “treat” caught your attention. Remember that children 13 and under need an adult to comment for them. For more fun, sign up to follow my blog. Thank you!