March Forth–Do Something
Posted by lindamartinandersen on February 29, 2016
A Writer’s Playground–a place to find wordplay, writing
prompts, reasons to celebrate, and monthly calendar activities for kids and those
young at heart. “March 4th–Do Something” by Linda Martin Andersen
- What is your favorite fable and why? Read a copy of the fable and then tell it to someone. Rewrite it in your own words.
- What famous doctor has a birthday on March 2? Tell about celebrations you have participated in to remember this famous name in literature.
- Have you ever played in a bucket drum band? What thing makes a great musical sound that isn’t an instrument in the band?
- Name a way to march forth and celebrate this month. What will you do?
- Name a favorite topic. Look for poems on that topic. Swap poems with friends for Poetry Day: 21.
Thank you for visiting “A Writer’s Playground.” Come again soon and bring a friend. Please leave a comment. What special plans do you have for March? Share, if you’d like. Remember that children 13 and under need an adult to comment for them. For more fun, sign up to follow my blog. Thank you!