A Writer’s Playground–a place to find wordplay, writing prompts, reasons to celebrate, and monthly calendar activities for kids and those young at heart “Let’s Get Our Priorities Straight” by Linda Martin Andersen
This week, I posted on Facebook that I intended to reduce my online presence. I felt I was spending too much time there. Shortly after that, I noticed a sticker on the front page of my day old newspaper. A photo of the sticker is below. This sticker is another reminder of “getting our priorities straight.” Saying that and doing that are two different things.
Create your own Writing Prompts or ideas for Family Discussions based on this subject:
- What does it mean to get your priorities straight?
- What makes this poster/sticker an example of getting your priorities straight?
- Who do you trust to help you get your priorities straight? How can this person help?
- How do you go about getting and keeping your priorities straight?
- Saying that you are going to get your priorities straight and actually so are two different things. What does this statement mean?
- What priorities do you need to evaluate or re-evaluate in your life? Who can help you with this?
- What are good ways to keep communication open in families or with friends?
- What are some ways to practice safe communication?
- Does your family have rules about texting, talking on the phone, etc?
- What do you imagine the child in this photo might be thinking or feeling? Do you think she will tell anyone? Why or why not?
Thank you for visiting “A Writer’s Playground.” Come again soon and bring a friend. Please leave a comment. Remember that children 13 and under need an adult to comment for them. For more fun, sign up to follow my blog. Thank you!