This Month’s Top Ten Recipients: Add More Humor Award
Posted by lindamartinandersen on May 1, 2015
Everybody knows that Mother’s Day is May 10, 2015 and Memorial Day is May 25, 2015. Very special days. Don’t forget them.
This month, I am spotlighting ten humorous May Days. Think funny this month. What’s funny to you? What does funny sound like? What does funny look like? Do you ever snort when you laugh? Do you ever feel like your side will split?
This Month’s Top Ten Recipients: Add More Humor Award (selected by me for this site only)
- Mother Goose Day: 1 Can you name three funny Mother Goose rhymes? What lines are funny to you and why? Name a Mother Goose rhyme that shows another emotion. Which one?
- Free Comic Book Day: 2 When was the last time you read a comic book? Read one or more today. Do you read the newspaper comics? Which is your favorite? Which was your favorite comic three or more years ago? Has it changed? If so, why do you think that’s so?
- National Two Different Colored Shoes Day: 3 Jennifer Larson has a published book about lost soles. See here: http://www.authorjenniferlarson.com/ I like Jennifer’s search for lost soles. You might too. If you’ve never worn two different color shoes, try it today. If you’ve done it before, you know it’s fun. Do it again.
- World Laughter Day: 3 If you were in charge of world laughter, how would you make the world a happier, funnier place? How can you begin on a smaller scale? Name a way to include more laughter in your own day.
- Cartoonists Day: 5 Name a favorite cartoon or cartoonist. What do you admire about this art or artist? Where can you learn more about the cartoonist? Take time to research and share what you learned.
- Great American Grump Out: 6 What is a grump? Define a “Grump Out.” How would you organize one? Consider a Family Grump Out today or challenge a friend to accept the challenge with you. Set rules participants agree with. Discuss how it went at the end of the day.
- Limerick Day: 12 Here are some examples of limericks: http://www.kidzone.ws/poetry/limerick.htm Happy reading. Write one of your own. Joy Acey shares limericks here: http://poetryforkidsjoy.blogspot.com/search?q=limerick
- National Chicken Dance Day: 14 Can you do the Chicken Dance? See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjeITmDmmo What other dances make you laugh?
- O. Henry Pun-off Day: 15 Who was O. Henry? Read his biography and some short stories here: http://americanliterature.com/author/o-henry/bio-books-stories Enjoy kid puns here: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/puns-for-kids.html
- What You Think Upon Grows Day: 31 Imagine for a moment a garden in which all your thoughts sprouted and bloomed. What flowers would you be happy to share with a neighbor or friend? Which would need weeding? Is it possible to have a garden of perfect thoughts? Why or why not?
Please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting. For more May celebrations visit http://www.brownielocks.com/may.html Come again soon and bring a friend.
Children 13 years old or older are invited to comment. See: http://www.coppa.org/coppa.htm