April–A To Z
Posted by lindamartinandersen on March 30, 2016
A Writer’s Playground–a place to find wordplay, writing
prompts, reasons to celebrate, and monthly calendar activities for kids and those
young at heart “April–A To Z” by Linda Martin Andersen
April—A To Z
(Can you find A To Z here?)
April Fool’s Day: 1
National Farm Animals Day: 10
National Teach Your Children To Save Day: 29
Zipper Day: 29
International Jazz Day: 30
- What prank or April Fool’s joke has someone played on you? What have you played on others?
- Are you a good sport when someone plays a joke or trick on you? How do you handle it?
- What farm animal do you wish you could raise in your backyard? Why would you choose that particular one?
- Have you ever visited a petting zoo? Tell about it.
- Are you good at saving money? What plan works for you?
- Julie Bowe writes a friendship series of children’s books that mention a backpack with many zippers. Can you discover which title it is? Name other stories that mention zippers.
- Would you rather wear zippers or buttons and why?
- Name different uses of the word “jazz.” Choose one and write about it.
What will you celebrate in April?
I have decided to try the Blogging From A to Z–April (2016) Challenge.
To learn more, check here: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/
Thank you for visiting “A Writer’s Playground.” Come again soon and bring a friend. Please leave a comment. Remember that children 13 and under need an adult to comment for them. For more fun, sign up to follow my blog. Thank you!